CREDO Mobile makes it easy to stay connected when you’re traveling internationally. Make sure you have exactly what you need to keep in touch while you’re away from home. Keep in mind that CREDO offers talk and text service but does not offer data services while you’re abroad.
What you’ll need to get started
We recommend that you give yourself 48 hours prior to your departure to set up international use for your device. When you’re ready to set up international service with CREDO Mobile, be sure you have the following important pieces of information available:
- The country or countries you're visiting
Rates and service availability depend on where you're traveling
- The model of phone you're using
Voice, text and Wi-Fi will be available depending on the model of your phone
- Keep in mind
CREDO does not provide cellular data service while traveling abroad. If your device supports Wi-Fi connections, you may connect to local Wi-Fi networks to access data. If you know you’ll need data while traveling, consider purchasing a local SIM card.
Setting up your device for international travel
Once you’ve determined service availability and your service needs while traveling, you can set up your device to be used internationally by logging in to Member Services. Keep in mind that you will need to setup each device for international traveling if you plan on bringing multiple devices abroad.
- Login to Member Services
- Click on Change Features
- Select International Voice and Text Travel
- Confirm the feature you are adding, then click Add to Cart & Continue
- Review the items in your shopping cart then click Check Out
- Review the cost of the items in your cart, then select Place Order
One last important note: Be sure to power cycle your phone at least 24 - 48 hours prior to leaving for your destination to ensure that international service works properly.
Looking for more useful tips on using your device while traveling abroad? Check out our international travel tip post on the CREDO Mobile blog.
What about Wi-Fi Calling?
- Ability to call or message from almost anywhere a Wi-Fi connection is available
- Ability to utilize the internet and apps while on an active Wi-Fi call
- Important NOTE: International travel rates still apply when using Wi-Fi calling
Are you currently abroad and in need of support? Using standard international dialing procedures, members can reach CREDO support at +1 571-730-5554 from Mon-Fri, 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. PT and Sat - Sun, 7 a.m.- 3 p.m. PT.