We understand that the death of a family member is a very difficult time for the family, so at CREDO we try to make the process for handling a deceased members account easy. CREDO requires a death certificate be provided for the account holder. The death certificate can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line include the deceased members name and CREDO Account number that the request is for.
3 Weeks from the date of notification will be provided for the family to choose if they would like to:
- Close the account or port out to another carrier (this will disconnect all lines)
- Change ownership on account instead of closing
- Changing ownership will create a new account
- We do not replace names on accounts
- We do not change email or addresses on a deceased members account unless the person requesting this change can provide evidence showing they have Power of Attorney or proof they are the executor of the deceased member